What's on theNRSscam blog?

Welcome...



Don't miss the links in the text and in the handy sidebar.



theNRSscam blog was created to provide general magazine subscription scam information, consumer protection resources, specific information about National Readers Service, and suggestions for dealing with magazine subscription scams.



If you have found any company's business practices to be deceptive or fraudulent, I strongly encourage you to contact your local consumer protection office and file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Attorneys General. Feel free to link this site to any relevant discussion you encounter, help me keep my promise, and make the ability to keep doing this type of business more difficult!!



Thanks for visiting, D/



Check out who else is checking out National Readers Service:



> December 24, 2009: Pennsylvania Attorney General opens file on National Readers Service, Pittsburgh, PA

>NRS, Pittsburgh responds to the Attorney General
> December 30, 2009: Kansas Attorney General demands trial by jury against Publisher’s Renewal Service d/b/a National Readers Service, and Treasure Coast Renewals, et al. Check out the court documents at courthousenews.com



Check out something interesting:



> Rip Off Report complaint about International Marketing Association (a.k.a., National Readers Service, et al) .

Thursday

Still keeping MY promises…

Well, it has been 21 “business” days since I clearly explained the situation to National Readers Service, and frankly, I am shocked to have not received the promised $68.28 refund!! (“Summer” seemed so genuinely sincere about that. LOL) In the spirit of forgiveness, I’ve decided to extend the opportunity to get that check in my mailbox.

I’ve found that my daughter’s seven day “order confirmation” statement in her welcome information provides the perfect framework for my next telephone conversation with this bunch. (It is carefully constructed to explain that corrections and changes are a possibility, but not cancellations. How ironic that they are in that situation with me now!! LOL) Thought I’d share my script.
“Did I get your lack of response right? Please take a moment to review our agreement of August 5, 2009. If any updated information regarding the agreed upon refund is necessary, let us know by mailing a $68.28 check immediately. If we do not hear from you within seven days, we will assume your lack of response is intentional. At that time, we are notifying the Attorneys General of Pennsylvania and my home state of our experiences to date with your business. We will also be contacting the Better Business Bureau to arbitrate some agreement on our behalf if the refund is not received.”
Well, we’ll see how it goes. Anyone care to vote on the refund likelihood?? LOL. I’ll post an update after the 10th.

Post links with my entire NRS experience are here.

Thanks for visiting the NRS scam blog. Hope something here is helpful.
Good luck to all of us!! D/
Go to Home/ Contents page

About me & theNRSscam blog

My photo
I'm no one special, my kid is just one of "the scammed", and I'm keeping the promise I made to National Readers Service. By the way, while I can attest to the truth of my own personal experience with National Readers Service as presented here, I cannot make the same guarantee for the other complaints and comments posted here or linked on this site. Also the suggestions offered here worked for me, the opinions I post are my own, but neither constitute legal advice. You'd have to consult a lawyer for that, of course. I hope you find something helpful here if you need it.