What's on theNRSscam blog?

Welcome...



Don't miss the links in the text and in the handy sidebar.



theNRSscam blog was created to provide general magazine subscription scam information, consumer protection resources, specific information about National Readers Service, and suggestions for dealing with magazine subscription scams.



If you have found any company's business practices to be deceptive or fraudulent, I strongly encourage you to contact your local consumer protection office and file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Attorneys General. Feel free to link this site to any relevant discussion you encounter, help me keep my promise, and make the ability to keep doing this type of business more difficult!!



Thanks for visiting, D/



Check out who else is checking out National Readers Service:



> December 24, 2009: Pennsylvania Attorney General opens file on National Readers Service, Pittsburgh, PA

>NRS, Pittsburgh responds to the Attorney General
> December 30, 2009: Kansas Attorney General demands trial by jury against Publisher’s Renewal Service d/b/a National Readers Service, and Treasure Coast Renewals, et al. Check out the court documents at courthousenews.com



Check out something interesting:



> Rip Off Report complaint about International Marketing Association (a.k.a., National Readers Service, et al) .

Friday

With sincere regrets ...

Well, no actually significant developments, but I did receive a follow-up (both a call and a letter) from the Pennsylvania Attorney General. A copy of National Readers Service’s response letter again confirming my daughter’s cancellation with specific mention that she will “never be billed again whatsoever” was forwarded for our records.

Not surprisingly the claim of “representatives … trained in a professional manner to assist our customers” and “all orders … verified with the customers to insure their full understanding of the terms of the agreement” were the focus of the response to the Attorney General. Much as I expected, there was no mention of any of the business practices for which I felt the need to report this company in the first place.

Perhaps the “sincere regret” expressed for any inconvenience caused to myself or my daughter (or at least the resulting attention of the Attorney General) will actually encourage them to abide by their own policies in the future…

“It has always been our policy that under the pay during service agreement, the order is cancelable upon customer request.” [per Christopher Johnson, Customer Service Manager, NRS 1709 S. Braddock #166, Pittsburgh]
If not, hopefully a continuation of official complaints will result in a “genuinely sincere regret” at some point. lol. Best of luck to everyone.

Post links with my entire NRS experience are here.

Thanks for visiting theNRSscam blog. Hope something here is helpful. D/
Go to Home/ Contents page

About me & theNRSscam blog

My photo
I'm no one special, my kid is just one of "the scammed", and I'm keeping the promise I made to National Readers Service. By the way, while I can attest to the truth of my own personal experience with National Readers Service as presented here, I cannot make the same guarantee for the other complaints and comments posted here or linked on this site. Also the suggestions offered here worked for me, the opinions I post are my own, but neither constitute legal advice. You'd have to consult a lawyer for that, of course. I hope you find something helpful here if you need it.