What's on theNRSscam blog?

Welcome...



Don't miss the links in the text and in the handy sidebar.



theNRSscam blog was created to provide general magazine subscription scam information, consumer protection resources, specific information about National Readers Service, and suggestions for dealing with magazine subscription scams.



If you have found any company's business practices to be deceptive or fraudulent, I strongly encourage you to contact your local consumer protection office and file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Attorneys General. Feel free to link this site to any relevant discussion you encounter, help me keep my promise, and make the ability to keep doing this type of business more difficult!!



Thanks for visiting, D/



Check out who else is checking out National Readers Service:



> December 24, 2009: Pennsylvania Attorney General opens file on National Readers Service, Pittsburgh, PA

>NRS, Pittsburgh responds to the Attorney General
> December 30, 2009: Kansas Attorney General demands trial by jury against Publisher’s Renewal Service d/b/a National Readers Service, and Treasure Coast Renewals, et al. Check out the court documents at courthousenews.com



Check out something interesting:



> Rip Off Report complaint about International Marketing Association (a.k.a., National Readers Service, et al) .

Saturday

Closing the book on National Readers Service- Pittsburgh, PA …

Well, my daughter has finally received an account cancellation letter from National Readers Service so hopefully this can be filed as a lesson learned (but not forgotten).

I have e-mailed statements to the Attorneys General in both Pennsylvania and my home state to serve as official documentation on my daughter's behalf. Details of the entire experience with National Readers Service and all of the affiliated offers from United Benefit Advantage, ID Sentinel Alert, United Benefits Services, and International Rebates, LLC were included. It is my hope that doing so will encourage these companies to abide by our agreements and prevent future collection attempts for some “outstanding balance with a lapsed grace period” or some other nonsense.

This has been a very eye-opening experience for me that to be honest I was completely unprepared for it. I’m glad it’s over. I wish the best of luck to everyone still trying to resolve their disputes.

I am convinced this company has fraudulent business practices at least in regards to misrepresenting the actual value of their subscriptions, refusing to honor implied cancellation periods, and deceptive disclosure of the costs of other preview offerings. There are too many similarities among various complaints and my daughter's experience to be otherwise. If I am correct, hopefully enough official complaints will trigger something unpleasant for them!!

Post links with my entire NRS experience are here.

Thanks for visiting the NRS scam blog. Hope something here is helpful. D/
Go to Home/ Contents page

About me & theNRSscam blog

My photo
I'm no one special, my kid is just one of "the scammed", and I'm keeping the promise I made to National Readers Service. By the way, while I can attest to the truth of my own personal experience with National Readers Service as presented here, I cannot make the same guarantee for the other complaints and comments posted here or linked on this site. Also the suggestions offered here worked for me, the opinions I post are my own, but neither constitute legal advice. You'd have to consult a lawyer for that, of course. I hope you find something helpful here if you need it.